November 24, 2013
IGR Meeting Minutes
Chairperson Vickie M. called to order the regular meeting of the Central Oregon Intergroup at TEC (St. Helens Hall) at 5:30pm.
Attendance sheet was passed. A quorum was established. Introductions were made.
Voting Members Present: (IGR’S)
(Cody M-Secretary/WFS )) ( Lauren G-IGR/WFS) (Rivka G-ABC) (Peggy R-MMD)(Kasey Z-IGR/Rule62)(Dick-IGR/Nooner)(Reed K-IGR/Rdm Reb)(Scott H-IGR/Madras)(Pete M-IGR/Mens book)(Mike S-IGR/safe harbor)(Fred B-alt IGR/Tues night)(Greg B-IGR/as men see it)(Bill O-AB/safe harbor)(Pattie O-AB/Safe Harbor)(Dan P-IGR/EER)
NON VOTING MEMBERS PRESENT:
(Vickie M- Chair) (Mark C-Webmaster/By the book) (Dave W-Potluck/Tues night) (Aaron D-Ent. Chair/24&alive)(Steve G-AB/WFS) (Vera F-Member at large/Att Adj)(Alan A/WFS)(Joan C-Off mgr/EER)
A. Approval of Minutes
Minutes were read and approved
B. Treasurer’s Report
Absent but read and approved
- Advisory board: budget committee will come up with a budget to bring back to the IG to be voted on in Jan.
- Entertainment committee: Has not been able to retrieve funds due to problem with the bank. Issue will be dealt with in the next week.
Monthly office report: Total office calls were 108. There were 16 after hour’s sales and deliveries. There were 94 office visitors. Income: $2,291.97 Expenses:$2,266.01.
- Mon 1pm-5pm slot needs to be filled.
- Need for a hotline chair
- Not present
- Thanksgiving alcothon: St. Helens Hall- Meetings upstairs, food downstairs.
- No Breakfast this year
- 7pm speakers- Al-anon Camille, and AA Jennifer C
- Conscious contact had potluck for Nov and Dec inaccurate but has been resolved.
- Dec 5th will be the cut off for the Jan, Feb, march schedules.
Up to date
- Has set up a committee to form bylaws.
- Actively setting up positions for the COIGEC
- New Year’s dance will be held at the Pine Forest Grange hall in Bend.
D. Old Business:
- Combining newsletter and webmaster: many groups expressed opposition
- No vote was called for, not enough to move forward
- IG positions: 2 even year AB members, Hotline Chair, Webmaster, Treasurer.
- Mike S stood for AB position and Peggy R nominated and accepted nomination.
- Dan was nominated for the treasurer position
- Hotline and webmaster had to nomination and nobody showed interest.
- If these position are not filled the will be vacated so take back to groups.
- Real need for a Hotline chair.
- Bylaws: WFS had formed a committee to go over proposed bylaws and had changes they would like to see in the proposed bylaws. Each were proposed to The IG and accepted as a group.
MOTION- made to accept proposed bylaws with correction. Motion passed
E. New Business:
- Bend Young people: got bid for OCYPAA and will be held at the Riverhouse Oct3-5 2014.
- Would like to place fliers at AA events and is in contact with COIGEC to place a table with flyer at New Year’s dance.
- District Liaison to Intergroup: District is open to recreating this position.
- Tabled till next month.
Meeting adjourned at 6:40pm. The next meeting will be at 5:30 p.m. Sunday, Dec 22th at TEC St. Helens Hall.
Yours in Service,
Cody Manriquez, Intergroup Secretary