May 22, 2011
Chairperson Jerry R. called to order the regular meeting of the Central Oregon Intergroup, Inc. Date: April 24, 2011 with the Serenity Prayer. Time: 5:30 PM. Place: TEC, Bend. Attendance sheet was passed.
Verified eligible voters and a quorum was established.
Voting Members Present:
Jerry R – Tue Night AA; Mikey L – SOS; Shari A – Chick w/Chips; Alan A – WFS; Mark S – Madras Oasis; Pattie O – Sec/Safe Harbor; Renee D – 24 & Alive; JJ – As Men See It; Eric W – Men’s Book Study; Darla B – WTGTAL; Jonny L – STS; Jim B – ABC;
Others Present: Bill B – Advisory Bd; Kathi C – DCM; Chris M – Dist. Treasurer; Heidi S – Ent. Chair; Sherrie M – Al-Anon Liaison; Mark L – Prineville; John B – Attitude Adj; Liz T – Treasurer; Eileen F – Newsletter
A. Approval of Minutes
The March minutes were read and approved.
B. Treasurer’s Report
Treasurer’s report was read and approved.
C. Committee Reports:
Al-Anon: Has had a chairperson set up to take calls on their phone line.
District 5 Liaison: They are doing 3 District workshops. They’re gearing up for PNC. She said to contact Walter to volunteer and Lindsay to help with Hospitality. Area Archives will be present at the conference. Kathi asked for a volunteer from Intergroup to have a literature table set up on Friday and Saturday. It was added to new business.
Entertainment: The Spring Fling and Talent Show was not well attended. They lost money on the event. Heidi passed out fliers to IGR’s for the Ochoco Campout. Their next meeting will be May 26th at Lurlyns.
Hot Line: Not Present
Newsletter: Eileen had a question on how to deal with fliers coming in to be included in the Conscious Contact. Whether or not to include the entire flier or a small blurb about the event. It was decided that the people sending the information will be responsible to tell her how to include.
Office: Mikey reported Telephone Activity: Office – 88, Hotline – 41, Al-Anon – 5. Income Detail: Books/Lit $393.40; Coins/Misc. $439.45 Newsletter $0; Deposits $1,867.65.
Potluck: Alan reported that he spoke with TEC and she will definitely make Brooks Hall available for the Christmas Alcathon. The rent for the Prineville Potluck needs to be made. Mark said to make a check out to the church for $25 and his group would take care of the rest.
Schedules: It was discussed that Shari will get the new schedules early to give to Kathi C to have available for PNC.
Website: Not Present
D. Old Business:
- Vice Chair Position: Darla stood for position and was elected unanimously. Her number is 541-280-4670.
- The Newsletter issue that went back to the groups was discussed. Several groups’ IGR’s said that their groups wanted the Tumalo Speaker Meeting taken out since it is a regularly scheduled meeting. A motion was made to:
- “To remove the Tumalo Speaker Meeting from the Conscious Contact”. The Motion Passed. It will be included in the Motions Binder under the Newsletter Section.
E. New Business:
Literature Table at PNC:
· Mark L. and Pattie O. will coordinate with Shari A to obtain pamphlets with rack and Kathy C. to procure a table. They will provide people to take shifts at the table throughout the weekend.
Meeting was adjourned at 6:23pm. The next meeting will be at 5:30 p.m., June 26, 2011 in Bend at TEC.
Yours in Service,