January 24, 2010
Chairperson Mark L. called to order the regular meeting of the Central Oregon Intergroup, Inc. Date: January 24, 2010. Time: 5:34 PM. Place: TEC, Bend. Attendance sheet was passed.
Verified eligible voters and a quorum established.
Voting Members Present:
Mikey L. – SOS (IGR); Vera F. – Attitude Adjustment (IGR); Shari A. – Step Sisters (IGR / Schedules Chair); Darla B. – WTGTAL (IGR); Jerry R. – Tues. Night AA (IGR); Sara L. New Horizons (IGR); Steve G. – WFS (IGR); Erin W. – Thurs. Men’s Book Study (IGR); Reed K. – Redmond Rebels (IGR);
Others Present: Mark L. – Steps to Sobriety (Chair Person); Mark S. – Oasis (Secretary); Terry J. – Primary Purpose (Adv. Bd.); Cory S. – As Men See It (Website); Brian B. – As Men See It (guest); Tom R. – Attitude Adj. (Potluck Chair); Bill B. – Attitude Adj. (guest); Theo G. – Attitude Adj. (Newsletter Chair); Brian W. – WTGTAL (guest); Hank G. – As Men See It (Adv. Bd.); Terry J. – Primary Purpose (Adv. Bd.); Stan E. – As Men See It (Adv. Bd.); Pat R. – (Hotline Chair)
A. Approval of Minutes
The minutes of the previous meeting (December 27, 2009) were read and approved.
B. Treasurer’s Report
Reported by Mikey L. (for Dennis C.) and approved as submitted.
Sara asked about the time of coverage for the prudent reserve. Also asked about the large amount in the prudent reserve.
C. Committee Reports:
- Alanon: Not present.
- District 5 Liaison: Vera F. reported there in an upcoming workshop. Public Information and Cooperation with the Public Community). Flyer was handed out and will be published on the website.
- Entertainment: Not present.
- Hot Line: Pat R. reported that all is going well. Not getting a lot of wet drunk calls (6 – 10 calls per month). Most callers are looking for meetings.
- Newsletter: Theo G. discussed how to get more people to read the newsletter (asked for suggestions). E-mail in addition to mailing. Put a flyer in the newsletter to remind IGR’s to announce. Mark L. stated that the newsletter is intended to get information to individual groups from Intergroup. Terry J. stated that in 2004 IG had voted on a system for newsletter address updates. Discussed mailing expenses ($ 125 – $ 150 per month). Decision to leave as is.
- Office: Mikey reported Telephone Activity: Office – 137; Hotline – 66; Al-Anon – 14. Income Detail: Books/Lit $604.05; Coins/Misc. $610.60; Newsletter $1.94; Deposits $3,927.73.
- Potluck: Tom R. reported that last night’s potluck went well. ABC group did a great job with set up and clean up. Speakers good and folks were happy.
- Need host groups for all 2010 potlucks.
- Tom asked whom he should speak with regarding financial documentation issues. Mikey L. is the contact.
- The 2010 Thanksgiving Alcothon facility rent will be free. Tom will obtain a certificate for this.
- Schedules: Shari A. reported that the deadline for submitting changes for the new schedule is March 15. Submit changes to the e-mail address or to Mikey L. in the office.
- Website: Cory S. reported the new website was available on Jan. 01. Made a motion to publish approved IG meeting minutes on web site. Motion passed. Secretary will e-mail Cory the approved meeting minutes each month.
D. Old Business: Nominations opened for Hotline Chair. No nominations. Will open again in the Feb. IG meeting.
Nominations open for Treasurer. Hank G., Pat R., Bruce L. nominated. Hank G. elected as treasurer.
E. New Business: Mark L. stated that the hat will be passed at IG meetings until $ 50 / year is collected (7th Tradition).
Shari A. suggested IG set up and maintain a phone / e-mail list. It was decided to do this.
Pat R. discussed a personal issue on how meetings are being conducted in Bend. He stressed the importance to use AA protocol during meetings. He stated that AA meetings should not be “fix all sessions” for issues other than alcoholism. Pat said he feels that IGR’s should bring this up with their groups. Mark L. stated that IG does not get involved with individual fellowships. Each group is autonomous. However, Mark feels that Pat’s concern is valid.
Meeting was adjourned at 6:38 pm. The next meeting will be at 5:30 p.m., February 28, 2010 in Bend at TEC.
Yours in Service,