February 28, 2010
Chairperson Mark L. called to order the regular meeting of the Central Oregon Intergroup, Inc. Date: February 28, 2010. Time: 5:30 PM. Place: TEC, Bend. Attendance sheet was passed.
Verified eligible voters and a quorum established.
Voting Members Present:
Mikey L. – SOS (IGR); Vera F. – Attitude Adjustment (IGR); Shari A. – Step Sisters (IGR / Schedules Chair); Jerry R. – Tues. Night AA (IGR); Sara L. New Horizons (IGR); Kendra – Safe Harbor (IGR); JJ – As Men See It (IGR); Becky R. – Spiritual Awakening (IGR): Charlie A. – Eastside Early Risers (IGR); Pat M. – Att. Adj. (Adv. Bd.); Toni B. – Thus. AA (IGR); Stan E. – As Men See It (Adv. Bd.)
Others Present: Mark L. – Steps to Sobriety (Chair Person); Mark S. – Oasis (Secretary); Corey S. – As Men See It (Website); Tom R. – Attitude Adj. (Potluck Chair); Bill B. – Attitude Adj. (guest); Hank G. – As Men See It (Treasurer); Laurakay L. – Tues. Nite AA (Vice Chair); Dennis C. – Att. Adj. (guest); Hank G. – As Men See It (Treasurer); Toni G. – Alanon Rep. (guest); Danielle – Thurs. Women’s (guest)
A. Approval of Minutes
The minutes of the previous meeting (January 24, 2010) were read. One correction noted and made (7th tradition will be collected until accumulate $ 50 / year). Minutes approved.
B. Treasurer’s Report
Dennis C. presented the Treasurers report. It was noted that the Entertainment Committee balance is approx. $ 2,262 and should be added to the report. Revised report was approved.
C. Committee Reports:
Alanon: Toni G. reported that the spaghetti feed went well (had good food and two great speakers). Brought updated meeting schedules.
District 5 Liaison: Vera F. reported the Public Information and Cooperation with the Public Community workshop went well. About 30 people attended.
Entertainment: Mark L. reported that tickets are being sold for the corned beef and cabbage function.
Hot Line: No report. No current chair person.
Newsletter: Not present. Wayne stated that the newsletter is being published later than usual. Jerry stated there have been problems with date accuracy on the calendar.
Office: Mikey reported Telephone Activity: Office – 89; Hotline – 41; Al-Anon – 8. Income Detail: Books/Lit $1,123.65; Coins/Misc. $780.95; Newsletter $10.59; Deposits $2,985.49.
Potluck: Tom R. reported that last night’s potluck was successful (a lot of food and 2 good speakers). Sent extra food to the Bethlehem Inn. Some electrical outlets did not work. Tom will bring this to Jan’s attention.
Tom received a letter from Jan stating that IG has only paid part of 2009 potluck rent ($ 250 owed for 2009). Also shows Jan. and Feb. 2010 has not been paid ($ 50 / month). Mark L. asked Hank G. and Dennis C. to check our records and to pay $ 350 to TEC to make this account current.
Schedules: Shari A. reported that the deadline for submitting changes for the new schedule is March 15. Submit changes to the e-mail address or to Mikey L. in the office. Shari will bring and IG phone list to the March meeting.
Website: Cory S. reported the website is now publishing approved IG meeting minutes. Presented a website traffic report (942 website visits last month).
D. Old Business
Hank G. is now transitioning into the Treasurers role. Bank account information has been signed. Hank and Dennis will meet next week. Mikey reminded them to file the yearly tax forms with the IRS.
Hot line chair nominations: Daniel, Wayne S. Shari A. asked if co-chairs was feasible (Mark L. did not think the amount of work warranted this). Question asked about how the hot line functions: Mikey runs the hot line Mon. – Fri. from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Hot line chair and members take over for all other hours. Wayne S. voted in as new hot line chair.
Entertainment chair to be elected in the March meeting (announce to groups).
Wayne S. asked if IG has an archives chair. IG does not. Wayne S. suggested we set this up. No action taken.
Kendra asked if it is O.K. to announce at meetings, other than her home group, that her home group meetings need support. Mark L. stated that this is proper. Vera F. suggested that this can also be stated in the Conscious Contact.
Charlie A. stated that there are 30 AA groups in our IG and 10 IGR’s are at this meeting. Asked for discussion on how we can get more IGR’s to attend the monthly IG meetings.
Meeting was adjourned at 6:25 pm. The next meeting will be at 5:30 p.m., March 28, 2010 in Bend at TEC.
Yours in Service,